Friday, June 10, 2011

Make your own Costume ID business card

Sometime back I remember talking to someone about the idea of carrying business cards with my actual photo, in costume, either on the front or the back, so that when I handed it to someone they would see my face and remember me. I thought it was a great idea because I have quite a collection of business cards that I've been handed in exchange for mine. Then later I can't remember who they were. And I'm sure that works both ways.
Making a business card is pretty easy if you have a program in your computer, like Microsoft Office. That comes with your Microsoft Windows program. Its fairly simple to use, and you can either use their templates and designs, or start with a blank page. You can import your own photos or use something in their file, or find them on the internet. It allows you to change text fonts, colors, and sizes. Then just print it out on cardstock and cut. Its easy.
I used a cropped version of one of my favorite photos by photographer Jerry Abuan, and included information on it that I wanted people to have. It's also posssible to start another page and have information or another photo to be printed on the backside of the same page you printed.
And at the bottom I included the url for my costume blog, because of course I want everyone to find it.
        Valarie LaBore

      *my email address*

   San Diego Costume Guild
   Costumer's Guild West

TimeTravelinginCostume
      .blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment